Tower Rescue - Refresher
Our nationally accredited Tower Rescue Training Course is designed for personnel who may be required to perform one on one – top down rappel rescues from towers, cranes, bridges or similar platforms.
• Fitness to participate
• HLTAID003 Provide First Aid
The following units of competency / training must have been completed within the last 5 years:
• RIIWHS204D Work Safely at Heights
• PUASAR022A Participate in a rescue operation
• PUAEME001B Provide emergency care
• PUAFIR215 Prevent injury
Evidence of these entry requirement must be provided prior to the commencement of the course.
This training course refreshes the skills of personnel to complete a complex rope rescue on their own using rope rescue equipment and tower climbing equipment. This training provides personnel with training to combat various types of onsite emergencies. Following the training course, the emergency response team shall be capable of responding and controlling various rope rescue on site emergencies.
- AS4488 & AS1891.4 – Falls From Height Regulations
- Software Theory: Harness, Ropes etc
- Hardware Theory
- Life Rescue Knots & Hitches
- Anchor Points / Anchor Systems
- Suspension Trauma
- Rappelling Skills
- Rescue Team Ethos & Ideals
- Lowering & Raising Systems
- Patient Handling
- ‘Pick Off’ Rescues
- Safety Officer & Team Leader Roles & Responsibilities
Unit of Competency
PUASAR022 Participate in a rescue operation
Students learning outcomes will be assessed using practical activities designed to simulate the work environment and written questions as appropriate. Upon successful completion of the course, participants will be issued with a Statement of Attainment.
Classroom theory via PowerPoint presentations, including audio-visual material, practical desktop activities and discussion. Practical components using height safety equipment in a range of work simulated scenarios.
Please select your state so that courses on the site can be shown for your location.