Fire Safety Adviser
This course is aimed at people who are nominated as Fire Safety Advisers in accordance with the Building Fire Safety Regulations 2008.
Unique Student Identifier (USI) - www.usi.gov.au Fitness to participate
Language and Literacy requirements for the unit are:
- Writing is required to the level of completing written assessments.
- Reading is required to enable the determination of information through the student manual.
This course will provide participants with the relevant knowledge, skills and abilities required to become a Fire Safety Adviser (FSA). To qualify as a FSA, a person must successfully complete eight (8) specified units of competency.
The following items are covered during the conduct of the training:
- Understand the role & responsibilities of the Fire Safety Advisor
- Fire Safety Advisor Legislative & Regulatory requirements
- Identify fire safety installations equipment in a building
- Develop an awareness & understanding of maintenance & records pertaining to fire safety
- Practical Incident Control & Chief Fire Warden Scenarios
- Understand the emergency planning process
- Understand the role & responsibilities of Emergency Control Organisation members & the Emergency Planning Committee
- Practical Fire Extinguisher training
Units of Competency
PUAWER001B Identify, prevent and report potential workplace emergency situations
PUAWER002B Ensure workplace emergency prevention procedures, systems and processes are implemented
PUAWER003B Manage and monitor workplace emergency procedures, equipment and other resources
PUAWER004B Respond to workplace emergencies
PUAWER005B Operate as part of an emergency control organisation
PUAWER006B Lead an emergency control organisation
PUAWER007B Manage an emergency control organisation
PUAWER008B Confine small workplace emergencies
Theoretical and practical assessments are conducted throughout the course. Upon successful completion of this course, each student will receive a Statement of Attainment. This will meet the competency requirements set by Queensland Fire and Rescue Service for appointment as Fire Safety Advisor (FSA).
Training will be delivered within a public training facility utilising theory and practical activities. Delivery will include instructor led presentations / scenarios.
Please select your state so that courses on the site can be shown for your location.