Confined Space Entry - 2 Days
Our nationally accredited confined space entry training courses are designed to teach participants how to identify confined space hazards and work safely in confined spaces. This training course is designed for people who work in or around confined spaces. Work in / entry to confined spaces shall conform to relevant legislation and AS2865-2009 Safe Working in a Confined Space, or it’s authorised update or replacement.
Unique Student Identifier (USI) - www.usi.gov.au Fitness to participate
This course applies to persons who are required to enter confined spaces for maintenance purposes, for cleaning, inspection or other reasons. It is required by all persons who are required to enter a confined space. Participants will learn to complete hazard identifications, risk assessments and work permits for confined space operations and how to operate various confined space safety equipment. Practical entries into confined spaces will be made and practical rescue scenarios will also be covered. As defined by the Australian Standard 2865-2009 reassessment is required ‘at appropriate intervals’. The industry regards reassessment on a two to three year cycle as good practice.
Specific knowledge is required to achieve the Performance Criteria of this unit, this includes knowledge of the following:
- Access and interpret information relevant to specific tasks (eg labels, MSDSs hazchem signs)
- Access and apply hazard controls
- Identify changes to conditions which may lead to the permit being revoked before the job is completed
- Describe and/or explain hazards associated with tasks covered by the permit, types of tests required for the issue of work permits - the types of tests to include, atmospheric/oxygen/ breathability, flammability/explosivity, toxicity/TWA, temperature, humidity
- Interpret and respond to gas test/monitoring results/information.
- Identify a change in work conditions, possible new hazards and so the required hazard controls and obtain re validation of permit
- Implement hazard controls
CITB Funding SA Courses Only (Total cost with valid membership is $180.00 per person). To enrol into a CITB funded course, please contact the SA Training Coordinator on 1300 88 55 30 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Units of Competency
HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
MSMPER200 Work in accordance with an issued permit
MSMPER205 Enter confined space
MSMPER300 Issue work permits
MSMWHS201 Conduct hazard analysis
MSMWHS217 Gas test atmospheres
RIIWHS202D Enter and work in confined spaces
Students learning outcomes will be assessed using practical activities designed to simulate a workplace and written or oral questions as appropriate.
Classroom theory via PowerPoint presentations, including audio-visual material and practical activities that simulate a workplace.
Please select your state so that courses on the site can be shown for your location.